Monday, April 14, 2008

Evening classes

Our assignment involves the creation of an Artist Book. Becoming familiar with a variety of digital techniques feels like it is going to take me forever (glad its fun). I'm thinking food. The smiley lemon is food suggestive but maybe its just cause I'm hungry. Paintings, sketches, prints, images of food hanging already on my walls at home, are crying out for manipulation - been sitting there doing nothing .....and entering my head now is that the Artist Book Pages are going to have to smell! Delicious, of course.......mmmmm.... aromas on aromas on aromas.

I'm thinking too of incorporating my vegetable garden, which is fairly new (only spring & summer old), yet produced a watermelon the size of a small basketball. Or a pretty large baseball. Or a gigantic golf ball. Or a massively HUGE marble..... ok ok. But taste! Superb. Photos to come as I ensured before & after (the cutting of) shots.

No comments: