Friday, April 18, 2008

So, here's the stuff for the book. Been out all over town today trying to find things that will bring my Artist Book (as I see it this minute) into existence. Gradually, the "as I see it" bit changes, peculiarly as I fail to find the right stuff.

I found the paper for my mounts. Gorgeous colours & patterns. Found the supports for the pages. Found new support when the previous ones proved unfeasible for page turning. New support turns out to be a charming vinyl record book, with sleeves designed for easy selection and guardianship of its contents. Mind goes back to how to adapt previously unfeasible supports in order to make it work, as I realise I can't bring myself to damage any records or spoil the book's original and intended purpose. Its not that I have an interest in vinyl records, prior to those of the 50's & 60's (& these records are all classical anyway); nor is it that such a thing is in any way special to me (I wouldn't have purchased it had I not intended to "render it unrecognisable") but its just too amiable & defenseless to harm.

No comments: